Friday, January 30, 2009

My two cents - Thank you to the Ramones

The benefit of working out to good music is the inspiration it can bring. After spending a long time being angry about the bank bailouts, I have found inspiration in the Ramones. Today I heard "I Wanna Be Sedated" and could not help re-writing the words. So, for all those failed CEO's, regulators, and lawmakers who sold us out - this is for you.

Eight hundred twenty billion more dollars to go – I want them regulated
Print so much money with no hope of control – I want them regulated
Just put them out to pasture, let them take the loss
Then let's put in place, a competent new boss
They can't control their actions, they think they've done no wrong
Oh no no no no no

Eight hundred twenty billion more dollars to go – I'm totally frustrated
Screw old Phil Graham and all the problems he's caused – I'm totally frustrated
Let's take away their savings, let's take their private planes
Hurry hurry hurry before I go insane
They can't control their actions, they think they've done no wrong
Oh no no no no no

Eight hundred twenty billion more dollars to go – I want them incarcerated
No hope for recovery for the everyday Joe – I want them incarcerated
Let's put them all in jail, they don't deserve no breaks
Make them room with big angry men, looking for new mates
They deserve to be prison bitches, for all the shit they've caused
Oh yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

Ba-ba-bamp-ba ba-ba-ba-bamp-ba – I want them regulated
Ba-ba-bamp-ba ba-ba-ba-bamp-ba – I'm totally frustrated
Ba-ba-bamp-ba ba-ba-ba-bamp-ba – I want them incarcerated
Ba-ba-bamp-ba ba-ba-ba-bamp-ba – I want them violated!


With all due respect and with great appreciation to the Ramones.

No comments:

Post a Comment